Saturday, October 1, 2011

The City Center shoot

Did Aria get named based on the musical concept, or just the Italian word?  It certainly is a fine-art kind of a place, great for photographing art pieces.  Sculptures ended up being the subject of several of my favorite photos.  Cirque du Soleil-influenced art is everywhere, from inside the buildings to art galleries which are along the entranceways to the the main buildings.

I am reviewing a book I bought last year but didn't understand until now since it includes Photoshop methods to convert color to black and white.  Finally it makes some sense.  I followed the procedure for doing some editing in Camera Raw - the split toning technique.  This technique appears similar to the black and white layer technique where you adjust the tonal range of a number of colors which then affects the tones of the blacks and grays.



It's so easy to slip into a state of editing photos where time just flies by.  It reminds me of video editing.  I remember one night when Jenny I worked on our crime video  at Towson University's editing studio the whole night.

No comments:

Post a Comment