Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"The Wave"

Coyote Buttes North is an incredible place, protected by the BLM.  In other words, one has to get a permit to hike there and it is the luck of the draw these days since it has become  popular all over the world. I was there Presidents' Weekend of Feb 06 with Emily, and Christmas Day 07 solo, so this was my first time for a look in the Fall.  Differences in lighting, precipitation, and cloud cover all affect the look of the place.  My cousins were absolutely thrilled that I was able to get a permit for a nearly perfect time of year for that hike.  Words can't describe the beauty.   It is well worth the 2 hours of time hiking each way (even with that hellacious uphill trek in sand for the last 15 minutes or so).   Here is a sampling of the imagery.  I'll put more on my website shortly.   http://lindsaywaite.zenfolio.com/
We found "Wave 2" (also called "The Second Wave") after a bit more exploring.  Just as extraordinary, if not more so.   We stayed over 5 hours, reluctantly heading back to avoid hiking in the dark.



No comments:

Post a Comment