Saturday, January 7, 2012

Goodbye Nevada and my photographer friends


I'm  missing my photography teachers and friends from Las Vegas.  The Las Vegas Document class, about which I posted some earlier musings and photos, was a wonderful opportunity to see Las Vegas from different points of view (those of fellow photographers).

Now I suspect a lot of my photography ventures will be solo.  For now, in Portland, I'm trying just to get reorganized, update my website, begin my next Spanish class, and then start thinking about photography work up here.

Meanwhile, I wanted to post some 4x5 film shots which I took over the last few months (most of which were taken on my summer two month road trip).  It's a high maintenance camera, the 4x5, but I'm always happy with at least a few of the shots.

Columbia River, Oregon


Montana field


Near Yellowstone National Park


Mackinac Bridge, Michigan


Gulfort, Mississippi fishing pier

Red Rock National Conservancy near Las Vegas, Nevada
Close-up Red Rock


3 comments:

  1. So, I've finally found your blog Lindsay! It didn't take me very long, did it? I keep thinking of you up in Portland now. I checked it out on the map - I knew it was north west America, but didn't realise quite how far north! And I keep thinking of you having all those lovely woods to walk in :)
    Meanwhile, have you ever thought of following The Guardian Camera Club and entering their assignments? The assignment this month is film (which is what made me think of it). Her's the link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/series/camera-club?INTCMP=SRCH
    Now I'd better go back and look at those photos properly.
    Jule xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, can't work out how to comment on the photos individually - so I'll nip over to Flicr to do that.
    Jule

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the Guardian Camera Club, Julia. I will check that out. And thanks for checking me out here.

    ReplyDelete